Sunday, November 2, 2008

Psycho Babel

For Allen Ginsberg

We are all toys in God's toybox. I am a G.I. Joe, I'm not one of those colorful superheroes. G.I. Joes are soldiers, G.I. Joes get the job done, and sometimes G.I. Joes get killed in the line of duty. This gives me the fear.

God is a philosopher. God is a scientist. We are all control experiments in His laboratory. BY broad standards all His experiments are a success. All are failures. We all prove the rules. We all reassure God of his immense talent and popularity.

It is a chess game. I am a knight, always taking strange turns just at the end. My horse is a curious one, I am always getting sidetracked. Sometimes chess pieces are taken off the board, which gives me the fear. The only way to manage to stay alive is if your side wins. Kill your opponents, stamp them out, make sure they cannot breathe and will not live. Which side are you on?

We are all florae. I am a hedge that refuses to be clipped. I am not a blade of grass, I am not a weed in the society of grass. He would have me believe that my bright yellow dandelion petals are a travesty to the uniform field of emerald grass. I say to Him, let me be special, let me stand out, let me draw attention because I'm going to anyway, God. God, or no God, you can't stop me.

I am a G.I. Joe, I am an experiment, I am a knight, I am a dandelion. God is a child, God is a scientist, God is a chess player, God is a gardener. I exist independant of Him, I do not need a Prime Mover to motivate me. Child scientist chess playing gardener let me be. Let me float calmly upon the waves of contentment in an inner tube of peace, let me relax. Let me

be.

1 comment:

benzo369 said...

Or live and let live.

Loooooo-K! You have outdone yourself my good man. I am really impressed with this.